Quilt Your Own Adventure
Collaboration with Amanda Carye of Broadcloth Studio
Modern Quilt Blocks and Layouts to Help You Design Your Own Quilt with Confidence
In this design-it-yourself quilt book, the quilter is in the driver’s seat, empowering you to decide what size, layout, and combinations of blocks you want to use to create your own one-of-a-kind quilt. Unlike a traditional book of quilt patterns, this book does not prescribe a design. Instead, Quilt Your Own Adventure gives you a range of block options that all work together so that you can pick and choose and mix and match those blocks to create your own unique design.
The book encourages and supports you, the quilter, as you explore designing your own pattern, providing all the tedious legwork (a.k.a. the math) so that you can focus on creating a final design that is all your own. In addition there will also be a suite of pre-designed patterns as inspiration for anyone who prefers a little extra structure to start.
- 30 modern quilt block designs
- 7 quilt top layout formulas
- 7 patterns that you can follow or use to help inspire your own design instructions that are easy to follow for beginners and advanced beginners
Whether you're a beginning quilter or an experienced maker looking for a fun, new challenge, Quilt Your Own Adventure will give you the confidence to create beautiful, modern quilts that are uniquely your own.
Example of a starter quilt layout included in Addon
Using the book as your guide, this PreQuilt collaboration will let you explore and preview all your block and quilt adventures in the colors and fabrics you love. To get started on your quilt adventure, choose a quilt layout, place your blocks according to the quilt map, rotate them the way you like, and change your colors or fabrics to design your own quilt adventure!
This collaboration add-on comes loaded with: 49 quilt layout maps and 7 sample quilts. Each of these starter quilts come loaded with the 30 quilt blocks from the book.
Once you have your quilt envisioned, use the book for fabric requirements and assembly instructions!
We know that there's a little bit of a learning curve with PreQuilt. And we don't want that to hold you back from embarking on this adventure with us!
So, we've created 2 tutorial videos to go along with the Quilt Your Own Adventure AddOn to help you get started.
To use the Quilt Your Own Adventure Digital Assets, you will need a PreQuilt account (Basic or Market plan subscription) and the access code available via the digital download link (QR code) in the book.
- 1.Log into your PreQuilt account.
- 2.On the dashboard, click on the ADDONS tab.
- 3.Click on the Open button on the Quilt Your Own Adventure tile.
- 4.Click on the Learn More button on the pop-up. It will direct you to a separate microsite.
- 5.Scroll to the bottom and input the special code found using the special QR code from the book and click on the Submit button.
- 6.Your access will be granted and this will appear. Click on the Go to Dashboard button.
- 7.You will be directed back to the ADDONS dashboard. Click on the Open button on your Quilt Your Own Adventure tile. (You will notice that it is now unlocked).
- 8.The folder will expand down with all the AddOn options available.
- 9.Click on the Import button for a starter quilt you'd like to use!